A mobile food service concession is easy to start without a lot of money or experience. It can provide a decent income and allows you to set your own schedule. A fun aspect is that you get to meet lots of people and provide a valuable service with your snack bar or food concession stand. Find out how to start a concession stand business to begin reaping the rewards of your own business.
Steps to Open a Concession Stand Business
- Decide where you want to locate your food concession stand and when you want to run it. You can choose a permanent location or just do special events. For example, you could set up a permanent location near a beach or amusement park, or in a business district to serve workers at lunchtime and breaks. Special events that you can sell at include fairs, festivals and flea markets. Your current work schedule will determine when you can run your mobile snack bar.
- Evaluate your finances. Figure out how much you have to invest and what you need to earn. Expenses will include a trailer, equipment used to prepare food, food ingredients and other supplies, and licenses.
- Choose the kind of food you want to sell. Much of this decision will be based on your financial and location preferences. Compare different types of mobile food service trailers and equipment to figure out how much it costs to purchase and maintain them. Visit in person to see what they look like and find about purchasing or rental options. Check out local competition to see what types of food are already being sold in the location you desire. Different venues call for different types of concessions, too. A novelty item like kettle corn may be a huge seller at fairs, but not as popular with an every day lunch crowd who want more substantial meals or snacks.
- Contact the county or municipality where you want to set up your stand to find out about state and local licensing. You may have to pay a fee, pass a state inspection, and take tests or courses in food safety to get a food vendor license.
- Find reliable suppliers of food vendor products and supplies. Make sure you have enough inventory to run your food concession stand for a specific period before you have to order more. Develop a system for ordering ingredients and supplies quickly as needed. If you are purchasing from local stores, set a schedule for buying items.
- Study business essentials like accounting, finance and marketing to learn more about the practical aspects of running a business. Read books and take some classes online or at a local school.
- Talk to an attorney or small business adviser about your company structure, tax issues and insurance coverage. Find out whether you need to set up your company as a corporation or sole proprietorship, what kind of insurance you may need, and other aspects of how to start a concession stand business.
What's Included in the Popcorn Business Package?
Kettle Corn Popcorn Business Plan - An extensive, well written plan - this would cost $100's to have made - Simply add your information as explained in the plan and you're set
Wholesale Business Forms - Change the pricing, flavors or anything you'd like - Microsoft Excel Format
A Fundraising Packet - Add your logo and information and you've got a complete fundraising program
Six (6) Videos - Popping instructions, suppliers, business marketing, setting up a business & more - over 1 hour and 10 minutes - 2 videos in mp4 format and 4 in avi format
Templates to make YOUR OWN labels - Establish your brand to every customer
Everything you need to confidently go into the Gourmet Kettle Corn Popcorn Business - 251mb ZIP File - Be Patient Downloading!
So now the big question. What's the cost of this popcorn business package? As stated above, the business plan alone is valued over $100. With everything included, I could easily charge $149 or more for this package. We're not going to charge that much...we want you to succeed! We're slashing $100 off that price and offering the complete package for $49. No One Time Offers (OTO) - what you see is what you get!
How much does Kettle Corn equipment cost? You can get used equipment for under $1,000.00. You can go real elaborate and spend upwards of $10,000. Your budget will determine what equipment you can afford. Remember, you'll have a professional business plan to show to potential investors (family and/or friends). Learn More
ou may be amazed hear that know that Americans consume over 18 billion hot dogs every single year? That’s more than 60 hot dogs for every man, woman and child in America.
And 90% of them probably paid CASH!
I know you are thinking, “I didn’t eat 60 hot dogs last year.” And maybe you didn’t. But a lot of people did and a lot of people ate more than that.
And it's estimated that over 10% of all the hot dogs sold in America are sold on hot dog carts from coast to coast. That’s almost two billion hot dogs sold every year from hot dog carts.
You’d never think the hot dog business could be that big of an industry, could you? Learn More
DON’T JUST SELL HOT DOGS. BE THE TOP DOG!
WHAT IS THE BLACK BOOK OF HOTDOG STAND?
The Black book will show you the secrets to succeeding in the hot dog industry. It is the only book in the market which combines the real-world experiences of top hot dog vendors from Seattle, New York and Chicago. These vendors are street fighters who learned how to beat the competition. Knowledge helps you win battles and knowledge makes you rich. What is the difference between making $100 a day and averaging $500 a day? The secret is knowledge. It is not experience, but knowledge that helps you succeed. I remember making $3,750 on the 4th of July in a local park while my competition who sold hot dogs only 65 feet away barely earned half of what I made. He had access to the same crowd but he did not have the Learn More
You need to really enjoy children, and love the excitement they bring. Kids are your clients, and you're the ice cream man...about as close to a real life superhero as you can get.
You also need people skills. If you have both of these, then the ice cream truck business could definitely be for you. Why in the world should you use people skills for some soulless corporate giant like Wal-Mart for $7.50 an hour when you could possibly be doing up to $100 an hour in business while enjoying your life and making others happy?
The rest I'll teach you in this course, and I'll teach you everything I've learned from trial and error to make the most profitable ice cream truck possible.
Now You Can Become an Expert In The Ice Cream Truck Business Virtually Overnight
After being asked a gillion times in the past I finally have put down everything that I know about the ice cream truck business into a 100+ page eBook. Complete with menus, forms, menus ads...etc
Ice Cream Truck Secrets is by far the most complete and street wise book on the ice cream truck business ever created and the good news is it's available for a limited time in electronically deliverable e-book format.
That means with instant delivery you can be reading it in just about 3 minutes if you click the big orange button near the bottom of this page now. Learn More
(455) Page Views