How to Start a Home Bakery
Starting a home bakery isn’t as easy as it sounds. To successfully start and run a home-based bakery, you’ll have to comply with local laws and treat the business seriously. Read the following tips to give you an idea of how to start a bakery at home.
Steps to Start a Home Bakery Business
- Determine the legality of home-based bakeries in your area.
- While opening a home-based bakery might seem easy, you should be aware that there can be limitations involved. For example, in some states, home-based bakers are prohibited. In others, there are many permit and insurance requirements that you’ll have to meet before opening your bakery’s doors. Check with your state’s health department or food and agriculture agency to determine if starting a home-based bakery is legal in your area.
- Look into certifying your kitchen.
- After you’ve determined that you can open a home-based bakery, you’ll want to modify your home kitchen into a commercial kitchen area. This will allow you to sell baked goods to customers. There’s a good chance that you’ll have to modify your kitchen somehow before inspectors will certify your kitchen. Research what modifications you have to make and complete them before an inspector makes his first visit.
- Get all your paperwork in order.
- Home-based bakeries can require that their owners have food preparation certificates. In addition, liability insurance and permits can be required of a home bakery’s owner, like they would of any other business owner.
- Come up with a business plan.
- A home-based bakery takes as much planning as a business located in a downtown shop. Include information about start-up costs, cost analysis, and the costs of your ongoing business operations in your plan. Set clear goals for your business and aim to complete them.
- Research your target market.
- You need to know to whom you plan to sell your baked goods so that you can direct your advertising and marketing efforts accordingly. Decide who will make good customers and aim to sell your products to them.
- Make sure you stand out from the crowd.
- Offer baked products that are new, different, or special somehow. This can be something that can get you an edge on competing bakery businesses.
- Spend money on advertising your products.
- There will likely be many bakeries with which you will have to compete. Don’t scrimp on advertising and marketing. Invest in professional photographers and advertising companies. Your advertising efforts can have a big effect on how successful your business will be.
- Keep your customers satisfied with consistent-quality products.
- Experimenting with recipes and offering different batches of baked goods under the same name will likely hurt your business. If you must experiment with recipes, make sure to clearly advertise deviations from the normal recipes. For example, you can market a cookie with a different icing than you normally put on top of the cookie as a seasonal cookie.
How to find loads of customers without spending a cent
The most comprehensive Cupcake resource guide available on the web (with links to over 40 sites that cover everything from recipes, designs, display ideas, and suppliers to forums and blogs where you can share ideas and ask questions – Priceless!!
The little-known way to determine how profitable your business is going to be.
2 simple keys to managing your time so you can still enjoy your family and friends, yet run a thriving cupcake business from home.
AMAZING! Discover in a matter of minutes how to decide if you have what it takes to become a Cupcake entrepreneur.
4 proven strategies for working out the right price to charge for your product. Don't start a Cupcake business until you know these important strategies ….get them wrong and you could render your business dead from the start
7 tips and tricks for creating your own brand (you know how Revlon … Coca Cola … and Apple all have a powerful brand – well why not you?)
A dirt-cheap way to get your business known in the community (and make some extra cash at the same time!)
A free and easy way to create advertising on a large scale without blowing the budget
Have you been looking for this for ages? Discover how to start your business even if you have no cash.
How to save hundreds of dollars on supplies (where to go to in order to get BULK reductions)
REVEALED! The hidden truth behind the legal issues you'll need to deal with when operating a low risk home business
Your secret weapon for ensuring that you always have a happy customer
"Thank you for your wonderful e-book. It was so easy to read and understand and came with some great web sites. I always wanted to start this kind of business but had no idea where to start. Your bonus gifts are worth their weight in gold. They have taken all the guesswork out of deciding what to cook and what to charge. Thanks to your materials I feel confident that I can get out there and make money baking cupcakes."
Complete step by step instructions on how to set up, promote and maintain your home based cake decorating business from a successful cake decorator! (This information would cost you an absolute fortune if you hired a personal consultant.)
Save time and money by avoiding the most common mistakes that are made when first starting a cake decorating business and learn how to jump-start your home based business quickly and easily.
Find out how you can avoid paying unnecessary costs and save yourself thousands of dollars in the process! These insider secrets are not contained in any other guide! (See Page 40 for details)
Find out how you can generate thousands of dollars in pure profit on your first week with proven marketing strategies that won't cost you a fortune! (Page 56)
Discover exactly how a 6-figure cake decorator beat out the competition quickly and easily while advertising on a shoestring budget! The "big bakeries" were scrambling to figure out exactly how she did it! (Page 23)
Set up your entire business legally, without having to pay costly lawyer fees! We'll reveal the exact strategy we used to protect our business and ensure it was 100% legal! (See Page 52)
Follow a proven strategy to getting MORE done in less time and be able to take additional orders that make you MORE money! (See Page 82)
and much more Learn More
"Grab it, use it and build your successful business faster and easier than you ever could on your own. This is hands-down, the very best guide to developing a cake decorating business from home.
Best of all, with the insightful tidbits from a professional business owner, you can use these strategies to build ANY home based business under the sun.
This is quite simply, the best quick-start guide to creating a successful home based business online!"
(1072) Page Views